Liquid custom colors are used to produce color-changing paint ( flip paint ) finishes that range from very subtle to very dramatic. The color of the basecoat applied under mid-coat dramatically effects the final color and shift color. Dark coloured basecoats provide the most color change with light basecoats providing clear and sophisticated pastel and opalescent color shifts. Each Liquid custom product has the potential to produce an infinite number of color shift effects depending on basecoat color selection.
There are 4 dramatic Liquid colors:
- Liquid Green - shifting from Green to Blue
- Liquid Gold - shifting from Gold to Green to Blue
- Liquid Red - shifting from Red to Gold to Green
- Liquid Blue - shifting from deep Blue to Deep Purple
Our award winning Liquid is now available in a aerosol can. CANZ give high output with excellent Atomization and high transfer efficiency with no pressure drop during application. Using our CANZ can save on time & labor with no paint mixing or Spray gun cleaning.
Liquid coatings are easy to apply and can even be applied by a airbrush. For best results use a Black base coat but using different colors will give you a real custom effect. Liquid colors can also mixed with our other product Candy, spectracoat, Sparkle, flip paint etc..
- Start by prepping your project as you would any other paint job. (Sand, Prime, etc.)
- Apply 2-3 coats of Base coat leaving 10-15 minutes between coats.
- Mix Liquid 2-1 with D-Thinner and stir well.
- Apply Liquid 3-4 coats depending on the effect you desire. Leave 10-15 minutes between coats. (Always spray test penals before spraying you product or project)
- Apply 2-3 coats of 2K Show Clear for a Real Deep Gloss