Liquid custom colors are used to produce color-changing paint ( flip paint ) finishes that range from very subtle to very dramatic. The color of the base coat applied under mid-coat dramatically effects the final color and shift color. Dark colored base coats provide the most color change with light base coats providing clear and sophisticated pastel and opalescent color shifts. Each Liquid custom product has the potential to produce an infinite number of color shift effects depending on base coat color selection.
This product is a translucent mid coat and will require spraying over the color base as stated in the pictures provided. Base coat colors are not included.
There are 4 dramatic Liquid colors:
- Liquid Aqua - shifting from Green to Blue - Discontinued
- Liquid Gold - shifting from Gold to Green to Blue
- Liquid Red - shifting from Red to Gold to Green - Discontinued
- Liquid Charcoal - shifting from Gray to Green to Blue
- Liquid Purple
Liquid coatings are easy to apply and can even be applied by a airbrush. For best results use a Black base coat but using different colors will give you a real custom effect. Liquid colors can also mixed with our other product Candy, Spectracoat, Sparkle, flip paint etc.
(Always spray test panels before spraying you product or project)
- Start by prepping your project as you would any other paint job. (Sand, Prime, etc.)
- Apply 2-3 coats of Base coat leaving 10-15 minutes between coats.
- Apply Liquid 3-4 coats depending on the effect you desire. Leave 10-15 minutes between coats.
- Apply 2-3 coats of 2K Show Clear for a Real Deep Gloss