Shimmer is a unique coating that has a tremendous sparkling effect in a bright light, but in normal light will give you a subtle metallic look. Shimmer is easily applied by normal spraying equipment but can also be sprayed with an airbrush. Apply Shimmer over any color Basecoat for novel effects, but also mixing different Shimmer colors will give you a real custom effect. Apply our Candy colors over the top of Shimmer to give a real "pop" to the Candy effect.
For best performance use Custom Paints Reducer and Mix 2-1
- Blue Shimmer
- Gold Shimmer
- Green Shimmer
- Purple Shimmer
- Red Shimmer
- Silver Shimmer
Our award winning Shimmer is now available in an aerosol can. CANZ give high output with excellent Atomization and high transfer efficiency with no pressure drop during application. Using our CANZ can save on time and labor with no paint mixing or Spray Gun cleaning.
To get the best result from Shimmer CANZ we recommend using our 2K Clearcoat CANZ. 2K Clearcoat CANZ is the best 2K Aerosol on the market!!!
Shimmer Paint Kits:
Shimmer Quart Kit: Amazing Value!!!
- 1 Quart of Black Basecoat
- 1 Quart of Shimmer (Any Color)
- 1 Quart of Reducer
- 1 Quart of 2K Show Clear (Includes Activator)
Shimmer Gallon Kit: Amazing Value!!!
- 1 Gallon of Black Basecoat
- 1 Gallon of Shimmer (Any Color)
- 1 Gallon of Reducer
- 1 Gallon of 2K Show Clear (Includes Activator)
Shimmer is easy to apply and can even be applied with an airbrush. Apply Shimmer over any color Basecoat, but for great results use over a Black Basecoat. Shimmer colors can also mixed with our other products: Candy, Spectracoat, Sparkle Pearl, Flip Paint, etc.
- Always spray test panels before spraying you product or project.
- Start by prepping your project as you would any other paint job. (Sand, Prime, etc.)
- Apply 2-3 coats of Basecoat leaving 10-15 minutes between coats.
- Mix Shimmer 2-1 with Reducer and stir well.
- Apply 2-5 WET coats of Shimmer depending on the effect you desire.
- Apply our 2K Show Clear for a Real Deep Gloss finish.