Shimmer is a unique coating that has a tremendous sparkling effect in a bright light, but in normal light will give you a subtle metallic look. Shimmer is easily applied by normal spraying equipment but can also be sprayed by an airbrush. Apply Shimmer over any color base coat for novel effects but also mixing different Shimmer colors will give you a real custom effect. Apply our Candy colors over the top of Shimmer to give a real "pop" to the Candy effect.
The unique color range:
- Silver Shimmer
- Gold Shimmer
- Blue Shimmer
- Purple Shimmer
- Red Shimmer
Our award winning Shimmer is now available in a aerosol can. Only available in small size.
Shimmer Paint Kits:
Shimmer 1 Quart Kit: Amazing Value!!!
- 1 Quart of Black Base coat
- 1 Quart of Shimmer (Any Color)
- 1 Quart of Reducer
- 1 Quart 2k Show Clear (Includes Activator)
Shimmer 1 Gallon Kit: Amazing Value!!!
- 1 Gallon of Black Base coat
- 1 Gallon of Shimmer (Any Color)
- 1 Gallon of Reducer
- 1 Gallon of 2K Show Clear (Includes Activator)
Shimmer is easy to apply and can even be applied by a airbrush. Apply Shimmer over any color base coat but for a great result use over a Black base coat. Shimmer colors can also mixed with our other product Candy, spectracoat, Sparkle, flip paint etc..
- Start by prepping your project as you would any other paint job. (Sand, Prime, etc.)
- Apply 2-3 coats of Base coat leaving 10-15 minutes between coats.
- Mix Shimmer 2-1 with Reducer and stir well.
- Apply 2-5 WET coats of Shimmer depending on the effect you desire. (Always spray test panels before spraying you product or project)
- Apply our 2K Show Clear for a Real Deep Gloss finish.,