Holographic Metal Flake:
Our Holographic Metal Flakes are one of the finest flakes available. They shimmer through a rainbow of colors when viewed at different angles. Our Holographic Metal Flakes are solvent proof and wont fade in sunlight as they had a high UV coating on them. we have had 1000's of customers use our Holographic Metal Flakes and continue using us all the time. Apply our Holographic Metal Flakes over any base color to produce a real custom effect. The Metal Flake can be added to solvent or water based Lacquers, Clear base coats, Varnish and can also be used for Arts n Crafts.
The Holographic Metal Flakes are available in Medium (008 Hex) and Large (015 Hex).
The Holographic Metal Flake Color Range:
- SILVER HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- GOLD HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- BLUE HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- RED HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- ORANGE HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- PINK HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- GREEN HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- PURPLE HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- BLACK HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- SAPPHIRE HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
- FUCHSIA HOLOGRAPHIC METAL FLAKE
Holographic Metal Flake Application:
Apply our Holographic Metal Flakes over any base color to produce a real custom effect but most customers use a black base coat. We recommend adding the Holographic Metal Flake to our Intercoat Clear base coat but you can add them to any Automotive solvent or water based Lacquer, Clear base coats and Varnish. Depending on how heavy you want the Holographic Metal Flake effect, will depend on how much you will need.
Always spray test panels before spraying you product or project to see the effect you desire.
- Start by prepping your project as you would any other paint job. (Sand, Prime, etc.)
- Apply 2-3 coats of Base coat.
- Add the Holographic Metal Flake to a Clear base coat or lacquer and stir well.
- Apply the Holographic Metal Flake until you get the effect you desire.
- Apply Clear coat until the Holographic Metal Flake is fully covered and you have full Gloss.
Spray Gun Size for Metal Flake:
(SMF) Small Flake is our fine cut flake at .004 x .004 hex. SMF flake size can be sprayed through most large size tip airbrushes, as well as HVLP full and detail sized spray gun equipment with a 1.0 nozzle set-up or larger. SMF lays down much flatter then MMF, LMF and XMF so it's easier to finish with clear.
(MMF) Medium Flake is our medium cut flake at .008 x .008 hex. MMF flake size has a sparkling brilliance that is easy to use. MMF can be sprayed out of HVLP and conventional spray equipment with a minimum of 1.5 nozzle set-up or larger.
(LMF) Large Flake is our large cut flake at .015 x .015 hex. LMF flake size has double the amount of sparkling brilliance of the LMF and has been used in the custom market for many years. LMF can be sprayed out of HVLP and conventional spray equipment with a minimum of 1.8 nozzle set-up or larger.
(XMF) Extra Large Flake is our extra large cut flake at .025 x .025 hex. XMF is an extreme size flake gives a extreme amount of sparkle. XMF can be sprayed out of HVLP and conventional spray equipment with a minimum of 2.2 nozzle set-up or larger.